Well it is slowly and surely reaching winter and it is becoming harder and harder to get out of bed in the morning and by the time you reach your vehicle it feels like the cold is sitting in the passenger seat next to you. And it becomes even more of a problem when you are running late—because you could not get out of bed—and then your car battery will suddenly refuse to start.
Whenever our car batteries in New Zealand fail on us, it is never a fun position to be in. Sure, car batteries can fail on us anytime of the year but it always seems that in winter they fail on us more often, even if we have avoided the common mistake of accidentally leaving lights on.
Why Does the Cold Weather Affect Car Batteries in New Zealand?
The extreme cold can increase the chances of your battery failing, which makes winter your worst enemy. Freezing temperatures slow down the chemical reactions inside a lead acid battery, which stops your car battery to do its job.
How to Prepare Your Car and Its Battery for Winter in Auckland?
Before winter approaches we prepare ourselves with new clothes and new blankets. One thing we sometimes forget to prepare is our car. These are the best ways to prepare your car:
- Keep track of the tyre pressure: Tyre pressures drop when the air becomes colder. So keeping track of the tyre pressure can make sure that it your vehicle is safe to drive in the winter.
- Get your car battery in Auckland tested: Getting your car battery tested before the winter season hits can keep your car battery from failing on you. Keeping your car parked in your garage can also help prolong the lifespan of your battery.
- Look for any cracks in the windshield and make sure the wiper blades are working: Chips or cracks on windshields can worsen in the cold weather. So getting these repaired as soon as possible can help you get through the long winter.
- Check your headlights and brake lights: It is essential to have working headlights and brake lights when you come across a heavy winter fog. Having functioning headlights and brake lights will make it easier for you to drive and other drivers will be able to see you, making for a safe driving experience. If your headlights and/or brake lights need a fix, head on down to your trusted auto electrician in Auckland as soon as possible.
Where to Get a Car Battery Replacement in Auckland?
Sometimes the only solution to a smooth ride is a brand new battery—especially if your car battery has been given you nothing but problems over the years.
There are many auto repair shops that will replace your car battery for you. And one of these many shops is Auto Connection.
At Auto Connection we offer nothing but the best for our customers. We also offer great prices. The deals we currently have are:
- Double Deal: a WOF and a service for $99
- Awesome Foursome Deal: a WOF, service, full body wash and vacuum for $139
- Half Price Deal: a WOF for $22
Our auto electricians in Auckland care about you and your vehicle. We keep your safety in mind while we work on your car.