Well, Ned Stark from Game of Thrones has been warning us about winter for many years, he is the real weatherman of the entire world. As the cold weather is approaching, now is the time to focus ten hundred times more on the road.
Driving crazily in the winter weather and not going for regular vehicle services will only cause future problems for your vehicle and you will soon find yourself in the position of having to get auto brake repairs.
Here are some tips to follow while driving through the cold weather.
- Drive to the conditions. But remember, if the speed limit is 50km but the roads feel a tad slippery and you don’t feel safe going 50km, slow down. Better to be slow than to be in an accident. Feel free to yell that out your window at the other drivers that don’t care about their safety and pass you.
- Look further at what is ahead of you and your vehicle. Less suprises mean less harm on you and your brakes if you know what is ahead of you.
- Be careful when you are overtaking other vehicles. When the roads are slippery it is sometimes unsafe to speed up and pass the slow vehicle in front of you.
- On slippery roads, avoid braking at the last minute. This not only damages your brakes, it also makes you prone to skidding. If you continously brake at the last minute, you’ll find yourself having to go to one of the local auto repair shop in Auckland for brake repair services.
- When you are travelling through fog, rain or snow, drive with your lights dipped for safety.
- Make larger following distances between you and the car in front of you.
- Make sure to visit a brake specialist in Auckland as soon as you feel the winter weather approaching as roads completely change and you’ll need trustworthy brakes.
When you are driving and you have a gut feeling that something is wrong with your brakes, here are signs to look out for. If your car is experiencing any of these symptoms, take it to your trusted auto shop for brake repair services in Auckland:
- Your brake pedal is low, hard, soft or has a spongy feel
- Your steering wheel shudders when you press the brake pedal
- Your vehicle loses grip while braking
- Your vehicle pulls to the left or right while braking
- Your vehicle takes longer to stop than normal
- Your car’s brakes screech or squeal
- The brake light appears on your car’s dashboard.
If you don’t already have a trusted auto repair shop near you, a great auto shop to try is Auto Connection. Located in Penrose, Auto Connection has been repairing vehicles and increasing your safety since 2011. When you visit one of their brake specialists in Auckland, you can be sure that your vehicle is in good hands with them.
Auto Connection’s prices are surprising at how cheap they are, especially when you see how well the mechanic did on your vehicle. Auto Connection offers three price packages at the moment:
- A WOF and a service for $99
- A WOF, service, full body wash and vacuum for $139
- A WOF for $22
Auto Connection has the best diligent, hardworking and experienced mechanics who are there to help you for any auto brake repair situations your vehicle is asking for.