The scariest thought that enters your mind while driving is “I hope my brakes don’t stop working.” Our vehicle’s brakes are what keep us alive so when they fail on us it doesn’t always end up with a good outcome. Thankfully there are signs that warn us ahead of time that our brakes are requesting an automotive brake repair.
What are the Signs My Brakes are Failing?
If you look and listen out for these signs you will end up saving money in the long term and you’ll prevent a horrific car crash from happening. These are the signs that will let you know you need car brake repairs:
- Your brake pedal is low, hard, soft or spongy
- Your steering wheel shudders while braking
- Your vehicle loses grip while braking
- Your vehicle pulls to the left or right while braking
- Your vehicle takes longer to stop than normal
- Your car’s brakes screech or squeal
- The brake light appears on your car’s dashboard
A good habit to get into is to inspect the area around your car for any leaking fluids.
The Best Auto Brake Specialists in Penrose
There are many auto shops in the Penrose area that have great brake specialists but to just name a few are the ones at Auto Connection. The brake specialists at Auto Connection are highly trained and experienced and at Auto Connection you won’t have to pay a lot of money for a look at your brakes. There is a deal on Groupon at the price of $69 for front or rear brake pad replacement.
What is the Best Thing to do when Your Brakes Fail and You Need a Automotive Brake Repair on the Motorway?
If your vehicle breaks down on the motorway, first of all don’t panic, take a breath and follow these steps:
- Put on your hazard warning lights
- Open your boot and bonnet and if it’s possible hang something white on your car door handle to indicate you need help.
- Call for assistance, e.g. AA or Mobile Mechanics and keep well away from the road until help arrives.
What are Ways to Prevent Going to Auto Brake Specialists in Penrose?
- Avoid high speed braking. Brakes turn energy into heat and a third more energy is used when braking at a higher speed verses a lower speed. By putting less stress on your braking system means it will last longer.
- Look further down the road to see what is ahead as it will help you anticipate your next move and you’ll be prepared in the knowledge of when you need to brake.
- Change your brake fluid regularly. Also known as “bleeding” or “flushing” in a mechanic’s vocabulary will allow all the components to last longer and will increase your safety when you are driving, especially down a really busy road.
If the time comes and your brakes suddenly fail on you, don’t panic at all. Cars behind you usually respond really well when you put your hazard lights on. If you hear your brakes many any noise or your car does any of the list of signs above, make your way to your trusted auto repair shop, Auto Connection to fix your brakes so you can get back on that road.