You may come across many websites that have a logo of MTA Assured sitting somewhere on their website same as Auto Connection have it on top of the website. MTA Assured is an industry training organization in the automotive industry. They develop qualifications and they help apprentices get the skills and improve their knowledge they need for their future careers. MTA is the largest body of automotive dealers, repairers, retailers and service stations around New Zealand.
With the help from MTA Assured, mechanics have been brought out and are working on your vehicles giving you a safe end result.
And what comes with mechanics is a Warrant of Fitness.
How Often do I Need to Get a Warrant of Fitness in New Zealand?
When it comes to how often you need to get a warrant of fitness, it really depends on what kind of vehicle you have. For example, if your vehicle was first registered in 1999 or earlier, inspections are required every 6 months. If your vehicle was registered in 2000 or later, inspections are required yearly. Vehicles that are less than 3 years old don’t require another WOF until 12 months after their current WOF expiry date. For new vehicles, they don’t require another WOF until the third anniversary of their registration.
What should You do Before Getting a Warrant of Fitness in Auckland?
Before you book in your warrant of fitness, make sure to check the following:
- Check the indicators and make sure that they work properly.
- Check the lights and make sure all the bulbs are working at both high and low beam.
- Check the tyres for pressure and tread and be sure to pump your tyres. When you pump your tyres, be careful not to over or under inflate them.
- Check your washer bottle and make sure the windscreen wipers are functional.
- Check the oil.
- Check the seatbelts and make sure they are working properly and they are not worn or damaged.
- Take out everything that is in your boot because the inspectors will want to check the spare tyre.
What is Checked in a WOF in Auckland?
Lights, brake operation, windscreen washers and wipers, seat belts, the speedometer, the exhaust, fuel system, steering and suspension, airbags, doors, glazing and windscreen safety check, rust and structural condition check and tyre check.
Many auto shops suggest getting a WOF and a service done at the same time as a standard WOF doesn’t cover every part of the vehicle.
Which Auto Repair Shop is Best for a Warrant of Fitness?
When the time comes around for an updated Warrant of Fitness in Auckland it is always helpful when you find your trusted auto repair shop. There are many auto shops in Auckland, including us here at Auto Connection. Ever since 2011 we have been offering our customers high quality service at low prices, leaving them happy on the road and their wallet full.
At Auto Connection we don’t believe in charging our customers unfair prices when it comes to a simple WOF in Auckland. That’s why we currently have these Auto deals:
- Double Deal: a WOF and a service for $99
- Awesome Foursome Deal: a WOF, service, full body wash and vacuum for $139
- Half Price Deal: a WOF for $22
Getting a Warrant of Fitness in New Zealand doesn’t have to be a grueling task. At Auto Connection we have everything you need to make the experience bearable.