It always seems that the check engine light decides to come on when we least want it to and perhaps we thought our vehicle was working fine and then lo and behold, that pathetic light comes on and of course, we become inclined to drive ourselves down the street of panic mode.
And sometimes what makes it so frustrating or scary is that we may not know the cause of the light to suddenly come on.
What can Cause the Check Engine Light to Comes On?
- Car battery failure: car batteries in New Zealand can do two things: make our car move and make our car stop working. Our car batteries can be one of the causes of the check engine light suddenly coming on. If the car batteries are faulty or undercharged or there are poor electrical connections going on inside your car it is possible that the battery was causing low voltage which can turn on the check engine light.
- Gas cap: sometimes an engine light is caused by a loose, cracked or faulty gas cap. There may be times where we need to fill up our tanks in a hurry and we just forget to put that cap on tightly. When it’s safe, pull over and tighten the cap and the light should turn off a few kilometres later.
- Spark plugs: bad spark plugs can cause the check engine light to come on because they mess with your vehicle’s fuel efficiency and performance. If these aren’t looked at as soon as possible, these can worsen over time and lead to more expensive repairs
- Mass airflow sensor: this sensor controls the quantity of air that goes into your vehicle’s engine to see how much fuel is required to keep the engine running. A bad sensor can lead to a terrible performance and a lowering of fuel efficiency.
What should I Do When the Check Engine Light Comes On?
Of course, when you’re stuck in this situation, don’t panic. Panicking won’t help anybody. Find somewhere safe on the side of the road to park your car. Flick your hazard lights on and call AA or Mobile Mechanics who can come to your rescue and can help with your car batteries in NZ. In these situations, its important to remember the “three C’s”: cool, calm and collected. If you stay calm in a hectic situation, it won’t be so hectic for you.
What Auto Repair Shop Offers Car Battery Replacement Services?
There are many auto repair shops that will fix your car batteries and one in particular is Auto Connection. We have been offering car battery services in Auckland since 2011 and our hands-on and diligent staff have been caring about your and your car for six years now. Sometimes, putting your beloved vehicle in the hands of a stranger can be daunting but at Auto Connection our auto mechanics are experienced and only offer the very best for you and your vehicle.
How much Does It Cost to Get a Car Battery in Auckland Replaced/Repaired?
At Auto Connection, we don’t believe it charging you unfair and unreasonable prices for a simple car battery, which is why we offer two great deals:
- A WOF and service for $99
- A WOF, service, vacuum and full body wash for $139
During the service, any replacements or repairs for your car battery in Auckland can easily be changed.
So next time you’re stuck looking for an affordable auto repair shop that offers car battery replacement services, head on down to Auto Connection today and we’ll take care of you.